Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
an episode of hannibal where tom hiddleston guest stars and is far too polite for hannibal to eat him
The fact the Einstein was a raging misogynist kind of makes sense, given that it is widely speculated his first wife made significant contributions to the Theory of Relativity, but was completely unacknowledged (especially after he left her for his cousin).
There is more and more evidence that Mileva Einstein-Maric (Einstein’s first wife) is the coauthor of “The Theory of Relativity.” Recently published letters between Mileva Maric and Albert Einstein are shedding light on who is the author(s) of the “Theory of Relativity.” Albert Einstein received the Nobel Prize in 1921: he gave all the money from the Nobel Prize to his ex-wife - Mileva Maric- this was the condition for the divorce settlement. Einstein did not leave any documents which acknowledged the contribution of Mileva Maric to the Theory of Relativity.
In 1905, several articles bearing the name of Albert Einstein appeared in the Annalen der Physik - a Germans Physics Journal where the Theory of Relativity was published. The paper dealing with relativity was entitled Zur Elektrodynamik bewegter Korper. Only Albert Einstein’s name appeared in the journal as author. According to Abram Fedorovich Joffe, the original paper was signed “Einstein-Marity.” ”Marity” is a variant of the Serbian “Maric”, Mileva’s maiden name. Mileva Maric Einstein’s name was left out when publication of the article took place, but Joffe saw the original 1905 manuscript.
"How happy I will be when the two of us together will have brought our work on the relative motion to a victorious conclusion."
A young Albert Einstein wrote these words to his first wife, Mileva, shortly before publishing the Theory of Relativity. The release of letters like this one has scholars arguing over Mileva’s contribution to relativity. They met at Zurich’s prestigious Swiss Polytechnic School: Mileva was the only woman in the class, and only the fifth in the school’s history. The daughter of a wealthy Serbian family, Mileva excelled at physics and math, and was devoted to her studies until she met Albert Einstein. The two brilliant scientists fell in love. They lived and worked together. But more interested in their own work than their classes, both failed their final exams. Einstein passed on a second attempt. Unmarried and pregnant, Mileva failed hers again. Einstein never met his daughter… and no one is sure what happened to the baby. Einstein and Mileva later married and had two sons. Mileva focused her energies on Albert’s career. Some scholars believe Mileva did the math for the Theory of Relativity, others say she corrected Einstein’s math, and still others claim she was even more deeply involved. The paper outlining the theory is signed with a hyphenated name Einstein-Marty, the Hungarian form of her maiden name Maric.
Before the work was published, Albert Einstein left his wife and two sons. He never acknowledged his first wife or her work.
He did, however, give Mileva all of the Nobel Prize money. But, the money didn’t last long: Mileva was sick, and caring for their mentally ill (schizophrenic) son. Einstein went on to great acclaim, but he never again produced physics equal to the work he did while married to his first wife and collaborator, Mileva Maric.
If Fuller refuses to tell a rape story on his show "period" please tell me how he's going to to do red dragon justice, or are you one of those people who thinks the books aren't important and haven't actually read what Dolarhyde did to his victims? Fannibals like you are going to ruin the show because you will praise Fuller for any shit he takes on canon. Please do shut up.
FIRST OFF, I LOLED FOREVER THAT IT TOOK A POST EXTOLLING THE VIRTUES OF BRYAN FULLER TO RECEIVE BONA FIDE ANON HATE. CLEARLY, I’VE BEEN DOING IT WRONG THE WHOLE TIME. CLEARLY.
If anyone values and honors the importance of Red Dragon, it’s Fuller himself – a self-confessed fan of the books. You don’t necessarily have to agree with or like the deviations he makes from Harris’ canon, but there is obvious care and thoughtful deliberation over every detail that goes into the show (as anyone who’s listened to the DVD commentaries can attest to).
But to conflate his decision not to portray rape with taking a shit on canon… WELL, I DON’T EVEN KNOW HOW TO RESPOND TO THAT BEYOND CAPSLOCK RAGEFLAIL. WELL OBVSLY IT WOULD JUST RUIN EVERYTHING ABSOLUTELY EVER IF SOMEONE TOLD A STORY WITHOUT RAPE IN IT. OH MY GOSH, THE ABJECT HORRORRRRRR!!! HDU FULLER. HDU RESPECT WOMEN! HDU FIND ALTERNATE WAYS TO TELL A COMPLEX NARRATIVE WITHOUT RESORTING TO EXPLOITATIVE SEXIST TROPES. HDUUUUUU!!!!!!!
i was tweeting about hannibal last night and my phone, while i was typing out hannibal, autocorrected it to cannibal and all i could think of was someone on the show typing hannibal on their phone and “cannibal” hovers over it and they just stares at it for a while like ‘haha that’s not at all what i meant at all! what a weird thing to suggest’
Okay! This is our final Meetup schedule, as it will appear in the program guide. We included all the requested fandom meetups you asked for, and did our best to make sure that they weren’t directly conflicting with panels or photo ops with celebrity guests from those shows/movies/etc. The one listed as “tumblr” is a general meetup for anyone who wants to meet others from tumblr, or for fandoms not included on the list. We hope you’re excited for these!
"Whether you’re a Whovian or a Hunter, a cosplayer or a crafter, you are welcome here! These are the fandom meetups during ECCC as suggested by fans on tumblr. Meetup Areas A and B are on WSCCC level 2, in the North Galleria."
Friday March 28
- 10AM: Sherlock (Area A) and Disney (Area B)
- 11AM: Stargate (Area A) and Star Trek (Area B)
- 12PM: Homestuck (Area A) and The Thrilling Adventure Hour (Area B)
- 1PM: Supernatural (Area A) and Star Wars (Area B)
- 2PM: Doctor Who (Area A) and Fanfiction (Area B)
- 3PM: Warehouse 13 (Area A) and Welcome to Night Vale (Area B)
- 4PM: Marvel (Area A) and Sailor Moon (Area B)
- 5PM: tumblr (Area A) and Orphan Black (Area B)
- 6PM: Pacific Rim (Area A) and Hannibal (Area B)
Saturday March 29
- 10AM: Homestuck (Area A) and Orphan Black (Area B)
- 11AM: Marvel (Area A) and Welcome to Night Vale (Area B)
- 12PM: Doctor Who (Area A) and Star Wars (Area B)
- 1PM: Warehouse 13 (Area A) and Fanfiction (Area B)
- 2PM: Stargate (Area A) and The Thrilling Adventure Hour (Area B)
- 3PM: Supernatural (Area A) and Hannibal (Area B)
- 4PM: tumblr (Area A) and Disney (Area B)
- 5PM: Pacific Rim (Area A) and Sailor Moon (Area B)
- 6PM: Sherlock (Area A) and Star Trek (Area B)
Sunday March 30
- 10AM: Warehouse 13 (Area A) and tumblr (Area B)
- 11AM: Pacific Rim (Area A) and Sherlock (Area B)
- 12PM: Doctor Who (Area A) and Sailor Moon (Area B)
- 1PM: Supernatural (Area A) and Homestuck (Area B)
- 2PM: Stargate (Area A) and Welcome to Night Vale (Area B)
- 3PM: Disney (Area A) and Fanfiction (Area B)
- 4PM: Marvel (Area A) and The Thrilling Adventure Hour (Area B)
**Note that ECCC is not running these meetups, we’re just providing you with a space to meet each other and have fun!
nooooooooooo why are pacific rim and hannibal at the same time T_T
i am (somewhat) consoled by the *three different* stargate meetups.
what if harry had been sorted into slytherin though
- sarcastic bastard and no need to pretend otherwise
- learning the names of people outside your immediate circle of friends??? please
- usually overdramatic, sometimes morally grey
- sirius having to deal with the fact that his godson is a slytherin. a slytherin. james potter’s son is in slytherin. remus can you believe this
- bezzies-by-circumstance with draco malfoy with all the highlights including a) earth-shattering fights, b) someone brazen enough to curb draco’s nastiness, and c) someone unimpressed enough to tell harry to get a fucking grip and stop being so self-righteous all the time potter you frilly whingebag
- (and a friendship with harry/draco reluctantly getting roped into his cause could have changed a whole buncha shit for the malfoys and all that Malfoy Joins the Order With Snape fic of ‘03-‘05 could have come true)
- speaking of, a head of house/student relationship with snape might have saved his character from being entirely reprehensible
- challenging the wizarding public’s views of slytherin house by pitting their ridiculous prejudices against their blind all-consuming love for/faith in harry
- quirrell was a ravenclaw and wormtail was a gryffindor [insert harry’s sarcastic one-liner about all the witches and wizards who went bad being in slytherin here]
- jkr putting her money where her mouth is re: “we’ve all got both light and dark inside us, it’s our choices who make us who we truly are” by putting the boy who lived and eventual saviour of the wizarding world in the ~evil house~
- or even better she could have established slytherin as the ~evil house~ and then dismantled that completely by showing harry surrounded by loving, caring people forced to choose between standing beside their friend harry or supporting voldemort’s/their parents’ cause
- harry’s group of friends torn in two by their parents’ ideology and their loyalty to harry and what they’ve seen to be true while sharing a home with hundreds of halfbloods and muggleborns
- and then members of slytherin house fighting tooth and nail against the people who raised them because harry potter just has that effect on people
- all resulting in an eventual about-face in people’s attitudes towards slytherins
- and when harry has kids they’re proud at the thought of being sorted into slytherin house because their dad was a slytherin and he saved the fucking world
Page 1 of 177